At Kindred Partners we strive to empower visionaries from all backgrounds to generate opportunities for artistic excellence. Building teams with shared values rooted in trust, we work together with creativity, respect and dedication.
We’re looking to expand our team and bring in an Associate Producer who will work alongside the Kindred Partner Productions team in developing new stories for screen or stage within a new and inspiring company. If you share our core values, perhaps you could be a kindred spirit too.
The successful candidate will act as Associate Producer for Kindred Partners assisting with the development and management of projects.
This is a full-time, permanent position that offers the successful candidate the chance to build a rewarding and valuable career in production within a forward-thinking and dynamic organisation, with opportunities for progression.
As Associate Producer you will be expected to support different stages of the production process, ensuring that deadlines are met, and that preparations run smoothly. Strong project management skills are key to the role which is suited to looking to begin or grow their career in production.
Examples of responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the partners to develop concepts and ideas.
- Performing project research for story elements.
- Pitching ideas, developing stories and scripts.
- Hiring, organising and supervising crew members. Checking availabilities, negotiate deals and issue contracts.
- To lead on international travel, visa and taxation arrangements. As well as organising travel and accommodation on behalf of external contractors.
- Facilitating collaboration and communication between various teams within production and work collaboratively with other departments to ensure the smooth coordination of all activities undertaken.
- Organising various events in the life of the projects, from recruitment to training to rehearsals: coordinating facility management, ensuring that equipment, catering and other requirements are in place.
- Attend production meetings.
- Produce and manage production calendars.
- Being proactive in your approach to identifying potential challenges before they arise, and implementing new ways of working in order to increase efficiencies.
Skills, Experience & Personal Attributes
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in TV, film, streaming or theatre.
- Experience of producing, researching or development.
- Strong technical knowledge and expertise in all aspects of production.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Flexible, adaptable, with a highly receptive and positive attitude towards change.
- Personable, friendly and outgoing, with a positive outlook.
- Exceptional interpersonal and conflict management abilities.
- Proactive, independent and a self-starter. It is imperative that the right candidate is able to work independently in order to get the job done, with an ability to “think outside the box” in relation to problem-solving and identifying efficiencies.
- Excellent team-player, who identifies areas where they are able to assist others in making sure deadlines are met.
- A thoughtful approach and a demonstrable understanding of wider trends within the industry.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety protocols, insurance and legal issues, and best practice in equal opportunities and diversity policies.
- Close attention to detail, process-driven and continually striving for excellence.
We will be looking to fill this role later in the year, however if you are interested and think you may be a kindred spirit too, please email [email protected]